Right before I took my hiatus from this site, I mentioned that there were three things I needed to bring in order before I would be prepared to dedicate my time/energy to writing…
“I’m 1) looking for a solid apartment, 2) looking for a great job, 3) looking for a stable home for Montey.” -Oct 27, 2011
- I am now a (cautious) resident of Bushwick, Brooklyn. After being a random nomad of various Brooklyn neighborhoods (including, but not limited to Crown Heights, BedStuy and Parkslope) I have now found a place to comfortably lay my head at night. Rent out here is pretty cheap ($1300 for a two-bedroom) and the neighborhood is patrolled actively enough by police officers.
- While I am still looking for a great job…I am nearing the final stages of interviews with an amazing company that I will (prayerfully) land an amazing position with. It’s in a completely new industry that will teach me new concepts while utilizing my current skillset. It will challenge me just enough while also giving me the satisfaction of a great job well done at the end of the day. In addition, earlier this week I landed a part-time position as a co-host of a new video web-series. We will be discussing relationships/sex with public figures in the entertainment industry. I’m pretty excited about it because it will serve as a more casual, creative outlet for me. It will get those juices flowing! No pun intended. The first interview is next week. After seeing how it all pans out, I may share more.
- Montey is at home in Ohio with his Grandma who is taking excellent care of him (with a little coaxing and guidance by his Grandfather) in his Mommy’s absence. Montey’s Uncle Ty is also pitching in as necessary. He’s doing well…NYC wasn’t very nice to him 😦
Over the past few months, I’ve gotten a few questions about my novel I wrote and my tshirts…
- The novel, Paradigm, has gone nowhere. All extra/creative energy I’ve had has gone towards merely existing (and now maintaining) in this dog-eat-dog city. It’s. No. Joke. Indeed, a concrete jungle. At this point I’m taking baby steps. I have to tread carefully, adding little things on my plate slowly so that I am able to successfully manage it all. First has been this blog. Prayerfully in the coming weeks it will include editing (a.k.a. rewriting) Paradigm.
- My tshirts? See above. Lol, but for real…that thing called “creative energy” can be quite evasive up here. Couple that with the fact that I feel some kind of way about
pimpingmarketing myself has created quite a few roadblocks that I’m attempting to tear down.
Give me some time…I’m getting it together.