Can you believe it’s September already? It’s so cliché to remark on how quickly the year seems to be passing but seriously, is 2013 not flying by? When I think of other years, such as 2012, then 2011…I realize that all of them seemed to pass fast. It makes me question, did the years pass quickly or is it now that I’m older time overall seems to move faster? I’m going to go with the latter.
Now that we have a new month upon us, it’s a great time for me to check in with myself. I evaluate past goals, reassess, then create new ones. I also make a mental note of things I’m looking forward to within that month.
Goals of mine for the month of September are…
- Land a job I REALLY want-I need to assess what this looks like because I’m not sure that I even know.
- Continue to cut back and spend less-the lone exception is this pair of shoes I’ve been watching on ShoeDazzle.com I may have to make something shake because I really need them.
- Finish all 30 days of the squat challenge-I generally find myself quitting halfway through because I’m satisfied with the muscle definition I see and I also don’t want my thighs to get too big (I sometimes have trouble fitting them into my bottoms already).
- Read a different business-oriented/self-help book each week-my aunt shared with me that the average business book is written based on 15 years of experience. If I read four of them, that’s 60 years in a single month. I’m down for that!
Things that I’m looking forward to are…
- Reuniting with most of my core group of girlfriends from undergrad-We are all getting together in about three weeks and I’m so excited.
- Enjoying the last few memories that Summer 2013 has in store for me.
- Continuing to draw closer to my family-the older I get, the more essential they become. It’s now a major priority of mine to check in, in some way, with them semi-regularly.
- Playing September by Earth, Wind & Fire on repeat-It’s my favorite song by them, probably because it always reminds me of my younger brother Ty. His birthday is in September.
- Ty’s 25th birthday-I have many siblings, but Ty is the one who just “gets” me. When I was experiencing my quarter-life crisis, he was there along with me (so much so, that he even shared tears with me…and Ty doesn’t cry. That’s love!). I am ready to step in and be a support for him for whatever he may be feeling. I just really want to be there for him as he was there for me.
While the month seems so expansive, it will be gone before I know it! What about you? Do you make goals for the month? Are there things that September will be bringing that you’re anticipating? Share below!
“Say do you remember, dancing in September? Never was a cloudy day!” -Earth, Wind & Fire